Re: [APD] Re: Can one just give up? - Similar story

Good points. I don't think a real level of 30 ppm is
harmfull, or even 40. But given that things other than
carbonates can affect pH, margin of error in measurements
(especially on one is using color-match pH test kit, the
real CO2 level can be considerably higher or lower than
what we impute using the CO2/pH/KH table. While anything in
the 15-30 ppm is probably pretty good, and anything up to
40 is very tolerable, at least for most fish, monitoring as
one ramps up the CO2 is a very prudent suggestion.

Scott H.
--- Kenneth Ho <kennethhtp at singpao_com.hk> wrote:

> This sounds to me CO2 poisoning (is this the right
> discription?), some fish
> are more senstive to CO2 than others. I usually spend at
> least 2 hours to
> slowly adjust the fish to my tank's 30 ppm CO2 level, I
> use an pH probe to
> monitor the process. Since I found that some torlerate
> CO2 very well while
> some (or even some individual) don't torlerate at all.

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org