Re: [APD] RE: Give Up

This methods works for me. Since a lot of LFS here have hard water, I put them in a bucket add salt till the TDS matches and then slowly dilute it with tap water over a day and the mortality is low.

Raj
Bangalore, South India.

You could try the Amano Method for acclimation: put the fish into a bucket and using airline tubing with a valve attached slowly add water from the tank to the bucket. Time the drip to last about 1hr and at the end of the hr introduce the fish to the tank. amano demonstrated this at a seminar he gave at a petshop some 15 odd yrs ago and I've been using it ever since. Never lost a fish due to adding to a tank in years.