Re: [APD] Fluorite..which one?

It's jsut an aesthetic issue. They are essentially the same
except one has more red and less or the darker color.

Either one will perform the same.

I don't think the fired clay, which is what Flourite is, is
the kind of material one finds in the Amazon. It wouldn't
make for a true biotope tank. But it's great for plants.

There is alos a SeaChem product called Onyx sand that is
somewhat diff kind of fired clay that contains carbonate
and has a slight buffering effect -- will raise pH a
little. It is more or less slate gray in color. It's finer
in grain size than Flourite but it also works great for
plants.

Scott H.
--- Robert Armas <rarmas at bellsouth_net> wrote:

> There is two type of Fluorite : the "regular"..kind of
> gray and the Red Fluorite.
> Which one is the best for a planted tank with fishes from
> the Amazon River?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Robert

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org