[APD] Question on Compact Fluro Lighting System

Hi all,
I've a few question on PL lighting system.
1.  I have a 30" (X 16" X 18" deep) aquarium and would like to use
2X55Watt PL...the PL will have 21.5" length.  As such there will be
roughly 4" on each side of the aquarium with no PL light above.  Will
that be an issue?

2.  I'm resident in Hong Kong with local voltage of 220V, 50Hz.  Can the
115V 60Hz electronic ballast come with the PL lighting system be fed by
115V (ie. Stepped down), 50Hz AC mains?

Tony