Re: [APD] Milwaukee vs Pinpoint pH Controller

The Milwaukee trips ON at 01. units up and Off at 0.1 units
down.  For example, if you set it at about 6.8 pH, it will
trip ON at 6.9 and OFF at 6.7. So your spread is about 0.2
units or about the same as you have over the course of a
day using no controller at all. With that in mind, you
might consider skipping a controller altogether.

If you interset is in saving CO2, you can get a decent
solenoid for about $30 from Customaquatic.com and hook it
up to your lights timer so the CO2 doesn't run at night
when it's not really needed.

Or you can just let the CO2 run 24/7 and expect a pH shift
of about 0.2 units over the course of the day.

The Milwaukee is a reliable unit although less precise than
the Pinpoint -- but certainly clsoe enough for aquatic
gardening purposes.

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.
--- Stuart <stuart at nbtx_com> wrote:

> The Milwaukee pH controller costs about $90 compared to
> the Pinpoint at
> about $190.  Is the Milwaukee adequate?  Is the Pinpoint
> twice as good?  I
> don't want to spend any more that I have to, but I don't
> want to waste money
> on junk either.  I just wanted to get some opinions
> before I spend the cash.
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Stuart

=====
Want to get dirty but stay clean?

Diana Walstad, author of _Ecology of the Planted Aquarium_ will discuss soil supplemented aquarium substrates at the 2004 AGA Convention.

Convention Details/Registration at aquatic-gardeners.org & gwapa.org