[APD] Re: Circulation

Aaron,
Best bet for a planted tank is the small power-head mounted a good couple of inches below the water's surface. In most instances the air pump idea won't get you far with a plant tank, as you WILL agitate the surface, dissipating all that lovely CO2 you just went to great effort to put in there. Having said that; if you're using something like Flourish excel in place of CO2 injection then surface agitation really isn't going to be that much of an issue.

regards,

Daniel

I'm looking for suggestions on creating some circulation in my 20gal
planted aquarium with minimum surface agitation.  I wondered about
getting an air pump and running a "T" off of it to have a few air tubes
down near the substrate...or maybe a small powerhead/other options??