[APD] DIY CO2 injection not bubbling

Hello,

I followed some instructions found on the Krib to
build a CO2 injection canister using a soda bottle. I
placed about 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of yeast into
a soda bottle that's 3/4 filled with warm water.
Shaked it. Connected my airline tube to the valve that
I constructed by drilling a hole on the cap of the
soda bottle. It's been several hours (12 hours) and I
still haven't seen any bubbling in my tank. What could
I be doing wrong? I see the froth that is being
developed inside the soda bottle. But other than that,
I can't understand why this isn't working. Any ideas?

Thanks.

-WC