RE: [APD] RE: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 12, Issue 8

Ozone will kill just about anything :-) I have a Sander Ozonizer that I
purchased at great expense 10 or more years ago - and it's spent the
last 8 years in a box full of fishie bits that I never use :-)  Getting
the concentration right is a pain, too much and you kill the fish and
plants as well as the algae.

I originally purchased it to kill some bacterial disease that was
affecting the whole tank and it did that job well, these days I'd
probably dump in some antibiotic and save myself the worry about
overdosing the tank.

The best way to get rid of algae is to make the plants grow
better/faster.   Supply nutrients to the plants and the algae will die
off on it's own.  It may take a while, but this is certainly the best
method.

Graham.