Re: [APD] Re: Help With My New Tank!! -- or - Bravely into the Shadows

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:39:33 -0500, Ann Viverette <annv777 at houston_rr.com> wrote:

I've been waiting to see if anyone with more experience than I would bring
it up, but there may be some concerns about the shimmers and shadows of the
MH light spooking the discus. I've just read on one of the discus boards
(either SimplyDiscus or DAAH) about someone who had to remove the MH lights
because the fish were so shy. Moving shadows from above probably feel like
predator birds to a fish. Anyhow, the post said that going to normal
flourescents cured the shyness. Others may be able to comment on this, I
just wanted to point you to those sites and the issue as discussed there.

Ann Viverette

Of course, you could argue the Sun is more like a MH bulb than a fluorescent tube...
Except in the shadows by the side of the river creeks, I suppose though.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.