[APD] Re: Help With My New Tank!!

At 09:31 AM 8/4/2004 -0400, Shalom Levytam wrote:

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Home Depot but
does anyone know of a specific soil that has worked
well?

I have read the wonderful DW book. Many successful planted tank folk swear that a soil substrate is the best.

Having said that, after 3 years at this, I absolutely cannot fathom how you can uproot, move, replant, or do anything else to a plant in a tank with a soil substrate. Given that stem plants require trimming and replanting every 1-3 weeks, this is not an idle question. I tried it, failed miserably, and dumped the gravel and soil in a flower bed where it sits to this day reminding me of my ineptitude.

In the event that you can figure out how, under 18 inches of water, to move or replant a plant without releasing gobs of soil into the water, I wish you luck!