[APD] Re: Re: Ostracods

 Ostracods! Thank you! Yes, they are round/ovalish and they both swim and
> crawl.  They are actually quite the quick little guys.  I'm glad they are
mostly
> harmless. The plants in that tank grow too fast anyway -- if they eat a
little
> I surely don't mind.  I don't have time to take care of everything!
Thanks
> for the information.

Some people think they look like fleas. I think they are kinda cool. Totally
harmless to plants. They feed on decaying organic material. I used to have
tons of them until I put freshwater puffers in my tanks.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com