From: aquatic-plants-bounces+gstearns=neb_rr.com at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+gstearns=neb_rr.com at actwin.com] On Behalf Of
Robert Armas
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 2:14 AM
To: Aquatic Plants List
Subject: [plant_list] [APD] New Set Up

In about two months, after moving by the end of August to the new home, I
will finally will fulfill my desire: to set up and mantain a planted tank.
I need some advice and guidance.
I will select something between 40 and 75 gallons, if the tank is too high,
I may consider removing the top frame, have it cut down to near 12 inches by
a glass cutter and putting back the top frame with silicone.
I will use pressurized CO2 and reto-kits of CF light (sold by AH Supplies).
Filter will be canister, probably Eheim( the one with the heater included
inside).
Now regarding the flora and fauna, I will like(does not mean I will get)a
South American biotope, heavy on the plants side and about 4 or 5 wild
peruvian angelfishes, a shoal of cardinal tetras or black neon tetras, a
couple of siamese alga eaters and a squadron of Cardinia or other specie of
shrimps that tolerate the low PH, low KH and high temp., and of course do a
decent job on the algae.
Will the angels make a meal of the shrimps or they can coexist together?
Will my only option as "prized fishes" be limited to blue rams only?
What plants will you recommend for this tank?

Thanks in advance,

Robert