[APD] Re: New set-up

If you're looking for shallower tanks with a bigger planting surface vs taller narrower tanks, consider asking about "breeder" tanks--they tend to come in standard lengths & widths so they can take the same hoods as typical 55s, 75s, 90s, etc, and they may be in stock at larger stores.

I've been watching a friend's fishroom this week and a couple of times had reason to reach to the bottom of a 75G and a 120G tank....not something I'd want to do on a regular basis tending my garden, even with long forceps & tweezers. When I move & can finally get a larger tank or two, I'm going shallow!

Diane Brown in St. Louis