Re: [APD] Eriocaulon setaceum

Hi Cameron,
I got some stems of this plant a couple weeks
ago on Aquabid. A native of Australia and
some parts of SE Asia (where it is called the
'Tornado Plant') it requires strong light and CO2 is advised for it to
thrive. Water requirements are cool temps <80F, soft to
medium hard with ph 6.8-7.5. This info is from
an email from Singapore. I currently have the
plants in 77F water, ph 7.2, planted in a Walstad-style tank with no CO2 but
they all
have started to throw out new tops which I
find encouraging. The whorls can reach 4" in
diameter thru CO2 fertilization and strong light. I'm using cf lighting at 2
wpg. I will check
to see if this is an annual, this is news. Thanks.

Bill