Re: [APD] Re: Moving

I really have no idea. I know when I do water changes in my tank, I change out about 80% of the water with no ill effects. I also know that pretty much all the nitrifying bacteria live on surfaces, rather than in the water. But I don't know about the effect of new water chemistry - maybe it's one of those better safe than sorry things.

rs
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erin Poythress<mailto:anang3 at yahoo_com>
  To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com<mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 9:45 AM
  Subject: [APD] Re: Moving

  I was thinking it would minimize the shock for the
  fish, cut down on cycling time when I get there. I
  have lots of plants and everything, but with the
  Tanganyikans' pH, I didn't figure it was worth the
  risk. Plus I have no clue about the water chemistry in
  the new place. You think it's unnecessary?

  Erin

  Rachel Sandage wrote:

  > What is the reason for moving the water?

  McLeod<mailto:thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk<mailto:thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk>>