[APD] (no subject)

Hello,
                  I have been spending many hours of late surfing the list. I am constantly amazed at the amount of information. First I would like to thank you, and congratulate you on a job well done. Next I have a question. Many threads mention Jobe's plant spikes, but I cant seem to find any directions for their use in the aquarium. I have only been able to find one type of Jobe's spikes, are they all 10-10-4 or is there a spike that is more suited for the tank. The package has the Jobe's fertilizer spikes logo and under it it says "for beautiful flowering plants". They are presently being offered with an extended package containing twice the normal amount. (Or what they would like us to believe is twice the normal amount.) 25 spikes is crossed out and a giant yellow 50 is written over it, but if you count the actual spikes, there are only 23 in the top section and 23 in the bottom section. 4 spikes short or not is still pretty cheap at $1.27. I am planning on purchasing quite a few while the getting is good if you tell me these are the right spikes. My substrate is about 3 inches deep in a 55 gallon consisting of 12lbs Florabase mixed with 55oz First layer pure laterite on the bottom covered with 30.8lbs Flourite and 40lbs Eco Complete. I have another 55oz bag of the laterite, I realize it is not needed but since it's here, I guess I'll throw it in ( after the nearly interminable washing.) I am determined to keep the plants alive this time around. That as my goal, I have spent a small fortune on Aquarium Products Plantabbs, Jungle plant care fizz tabs, and various bottles of Seachem additives. The right side of my cabinet stand is full of these products, now I'm just waiting for my plant order to arrive from Aquariumplants.com. The order consists of a couple banana plants,( I have had wonderful success with these before) a large($23 worth) quantity of microsword, ten plants each of narrow leaf pygmy chain sword and narrow leaf dwarf sag, and two tennis ball sized clumps of Java moss for my driftwood. My plan is to put the sags across the back of the tank, the chain sword in front of that and the microsword everywhere else with the banana's in the two front corners. I would like to see a nice, thick, carpet of plants on the bottom of the tank. I figure whichever species performs best under the conditions in my tank will outcompete the others and I will be happy with either of the three. I plan to use a couple, maybe 3, 3liter bottles for my DIY Co2. I think I may have made a grave error in my choice of light fixture. I bought an All Glass triple tube strip light which has 3 48" T-8 bulbs. I then bought 2 Coralife Nutrigrow bulbs which claim to be 36watts( I thought true T-8 tubes 48" long were 32watts )and a Zoo Med Flora sun. Tank looks terrific in this light but I'm afraid it won't be enough for the plants so I'm thinking of buying the 48" Coralife Aqualight 4 x 65watt ( again I'm crazy but is there REALLY a such thing as 65watt compact fluorescent ) for freshwater ( this is the one with all four full spectrum bulbs as opposed to the saltwater one which is half and half with actinic. The fixture is $219 but I have spent sooooo much already that I would be a fool to let it all go for naught if the light is insufficient. Anyway, sorry to bore you with all this but I am curious about the spikes and if you see any glaring problems with my plans, please let me know.
                                                                           Thanks, Mike