Re: [APD] CO2 won't dissolve- Update

At the risk of presumption, I think he means, the internal
filter was causing surface turbulence and he set it on it's
side to reduce the turbulence, which in turn, reduced the
rate of CO2 loss from the aquarium.

sh
--- Dan Dixon <dandixon at mac_com> wrote:
> jebrady7 at juno_com at jebrady7 at juno_com wrote:
>
> > Thanks for everyone's thoughtful responses.  I had
> about an inch and a half of
> > gas collected in the reactor when I got home and turned
> off the solenoid and
> > let the pump run for 4 hours, during light and dark,
> and there was no change
> > in the gas.  Didn't dissolve, didn't increase.
> >
> > I can't remove the bioballs, and the flow rate looks
> pretty wimpy with this
> > pump.  In order to blow the undissolvable gas out I'll
> just have to use a
> > stronger pump.  In the meantime, I dropped the filter
> down sideways, and the
> > gas consumption dropped so radically it was shocking.
> I was blowing off the
> > CO2 almost as fast as it was diffusing in!
>
> I'm having trouble understanding. Can you clarify? Was
> the trapped gas from
> impurities in the CO2 tank, or from the partial pressure
> effect, or what?
> What do you mean by "I dropped the filter down sideways,
> and the gas
> consumption dropped..."?
>
> Dan Dixon

=====
It's the contest that started international competition in aquascaping
planted aquaria! AGA's 2004 Aquascaping Contest is open for entrees:

 http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi

Novices and experts alike show their skills. Past winners have been
novices and experts, too. You can view all the entrees at The 5th AGA
Annual Convention. Details/Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org &
www.gwapa.org