Re: [APD] Filter versus Pump

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:43:00 -0700 (PDT), S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

I wasn't give relative weights onthe Eheims, I was jsut
noting it's particular problems. The Hagens are probably
more famous than most for having their own problems.

I have a Fluval 104, and I think it's the bee's knees. What sort of problems are Hagen's famous for? And are their any known problems with the latest releases of the x04 series? Like most of the new Hagen stuff I have seen, while it may not have the engineering quality that Eheims have, at the same time they are quite clever in their design (e.g. Aquastop) but quite simple at the same time, which would make them less likely to have design flaws possibly? For a precision engineered tool, this thread seems to have a lot of 'oddities', probably best described as 'quirks', in Eheims. Also Hagen make fewer models than Eheim, so they can spend more time on their single line, and they also get my vote by describing real flow rates instead of entirely made-up ones...

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.