  From: John T. Fitch<mailto:JTFitch at fitchfamily_com>
  To: Aquatic Plant Digest<mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 1:32 PM
  Subject: [APD] Re: filter vs pump

  Both Scott H. and Cavan have indicated that, although I might be able to get
  away without a filter and just use a pump, it's probably not a very good
  idea.  And both mention the Eheim as their first choice to replace the
  present Fluval 304, if and when it gives up the ghost.  Assuming I go along
  with their advice, my next question would be: Which model Eheim should I
  buy?

  I have a 30 gallon tank, sitting about 3 feet above the filter.  The pump
  must also push the water through a Lifegard heater module and an M3 CO2
  mixing jar, both of which I assume provide flow resistance.  In the case of
  the mixing jar, I have already enlarged the holes along the input tube,
  because my impression is that the original small holes not only
  significantly impeded water flow, but also tended to clog up rather quickly.

  So, would you recommend the Eheim 2026 or should I upgrade to the 2028?
  Thanks in advance.

  John T. Fitch
  www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html<http://www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html>