Re: [APD] Aquascaping tools -- or - Picking Tools Grabbing the Right Stuff

You won't need much more than one or two pairs of long
tweezers forceps and some scissors. I find the best place
to hunt for long forceps or hemostats is the snake websites
(they're used for feeding -- search for "hemostats" or
"forceps").

For example:

http://www.beanfarm.com/equipment/1.html

http://www.matrixreptiles.com/subcat.php?id=7

http://www.tongs.com/shop/index.php?GrID=43

http://www.widgetsupply.com/miva/merchant.mvc?

The scissors you can find on-line at diff places. A comlete
kit tht will suit most purposes, unless you have very large
tanks:

http://petsolutions.com/product.asp?pn=12516808

Shop for price. On the hemostats, some are locking, which
you might like, or you can cut off the lock-ratchets with a
simple hacksaw.

Good luck, goo fun,
Scott H.
--- Benjamin Hong <bkhong at rogers_com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Could anyone tell me about aquascaping tools, where to
> find them (I"m in a
> small town, and the store doesn't have them), what to
> look for, and what a
> decent price is?
> Thanks!
> Ben Hong

=====
Tired of filling that aquarium all the way to the top? Ready to try something a little different? Think less water, more options. Think paludarium.

Aquarium Design Group's Mike Senske raised paludariums to a whole other level. SEE Senske paludariums at

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/aquascapes/aquascapes_paludariums.htm

SEE the Senske submissons to the AGA Annual Aquascaping Contests at http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi

HEAR and SEE Mike talk about paludarium design at The 5th AGA Annual Convention. Details/Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org & www.gwapa.org