[APD] Re: Superglue

One of my fellow pediatric residents swore by regular Superglue for routine treatments of cuts & abrasions.....but formulations can vary, and if not done properly it's potentially dangerous--if you've sealed a contaminated wound, you can set up a nasty infection, so I can't recommend it for routine use. But there are several new wipe-on or spray-on liquid sealants for cuts that are being sold over the counter that seem to hold up pretty well even when I'm changing water and gardening and rounding up fish keeping things wet for several hours at a time. Wonder if any of them would be good for "gluing" in the tank?

Diane Brown in St. Louis