[APD] Re: super glue

I use super glue all the time for attaching things in either my planted tanks
or in my pond outdoors.  Cold water make the glue cure instantly and it's
non-toxic once it's cured.  Great for things like attaching anubias to things
- just use a couple dots to hold it in place until the roots grab hold.  My
favorite project was using super glue to glue the teeny version of anubias
barteri to the intake tube in my Eclipse 12.  I glued it with just a couple
dots pointing upwards - over time it grew up the intake tube completely hiding
the tube.  If you just use a couple of dots of glue you'll be able to detach
the plant without damaging it, just use a sharp pull (after you've carefully
made sure that the roots are detached so it's only held by the glue).

Christine Bennett
christine.bennett at usa dot net

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:53:28 +0800
> From: <micah at pacific_net.sg>
> Subject: [APD] super glue
> To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
>
> I read with much interest on the reef web the use of super glue to attach
coral and rocks.  I understand that such would not have side effect to rocks
and even the animals.