[APD] green water and water changes

Yesterday I did a 50-60% water change in my tank, and refilled using
only the carbon filter (no water conditioner). After I refilled the
tank, the water was a bit cloudier than before I drained. This morning
the water is much, much cloudier than yesterday. I was suspecting that
perhaps the water conditioner I was using was contributing to the green
water, but now I'm wondering if there isn't something nasty in the tap
water that I should be worried about?

I checked online, but there are no data sheets available. Should I try
to contact them and ask about any particular nutrients or contaminants?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? If this is being caused by
something in the tap water, should I look at an RO unit to clear it up?

Thanks,

Kurt