[APD] Re: CO2 probe & inline heater

>Does anybody know if there is a electronic CO2 probe on the market? Also I
>just got my new Drs. Foster & Smith catalog and see they now carry a inline
>heater. They are kind of pricey but I can finally get those ugly heaters
> out of my planted tank.
>Warren E. Berg Jr.
>AKA Wormy

I don't think anyone makes a submersible CO2 probe, although there are
gaseous CO2 sensors on the market. AFAIK, all the aquarium people use the
pH charts and a pH probe/controller to regulate the CO2 levels in their
tanks.

For the heater, Rainbow/Lifegard has made a set of inline products
(heater, UV, filter, etc.) for some time. The famous "Quite one" pump is
part of their inline system. The idea is the heater goes after the pump
and is in the water flow all the time. I haven't tried one myself, and I
suspect putting a heater in a sump would work just as well. Using a sump
will let you move all your electronic gizmos out of your tank, and the
sump will help keep the water level in the tank constant as well.

     -Bill