Re: [APD] New Cure For Ick?

I think it's going to be hard to say what cured your fish
because Ich seems to fade away when the tank conditions are
stable and healthy. I think it's one of the reasons that
Ich is one of the easier illnesses to beat and why there
are so many diff cures boosted from so many sources.

While Ich certainly can be deadly, it seems one of the more
fragile of God's creatures.

Scott H.
--- Byron Yu <byronjyu at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of months ago my fish had ick. I had wrote to
> the board about my
> problem and was told to use medicine and raise of the
> temperature but i
> decided
> not to do that because it would affect my plants and
> shrimp. Anyways, as my
> glosso carpet started to fill up I noticed less and less
> fish had white
> spots,
> until now where i have a full carpet and my fish haven't
> had ick for over a
> month!
>
> Is it possible that since all my gravel is covered with
> glosso, it disrupts
> the ick life cycle? Perhaps, when they fall to the bottom
> of the aquarium
> they can't
> survive or are more vulnerable on the glosso as opposed
> to the gravel.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Anyways, just wanted to share my story.
>
> Byron

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org