[APD] New Cure For Ick?

Hi,

A couple of months ago my fish had ick. I had wrote to the board about my
problem and was told to use medicine and raise of the temperature but i
decided
not to do that because it would affect my plants and shrimp. Anyways, as my
glosso carpet started to fill up I noticed less and less fish had white
spots,
until now where i have a full carpet and my fish haven't had ick for over a
month!

Is it possible that since all my gravel is covered with glosso, it disrupts
the ick life cycle? Perhaps, when they fall to the bottom of the aquarium
they can't
survive or are more vulnerable on the glosso as opposed to the gravel.

What do you think?

Anyways, just wanted to share my story.

Byron