Re: [APD] Corkscrewing leaves - name the deficiency

If the Ca content is high enough, could it be that
something else is interfering with CA uptake? Potassium has
been a suspect in this regard?

Scott H.
--- Daniel Larsson <defdac at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Chuck Gadd wrote:
> >I'm probably too simplistic, but my first thought
> whenever I
> >see curled/twisted leaves is calcium.  Calcium is a
> critical
> >part of the cell walls, and it regulates cell wall
> construction.
>
> This was my first guess too, and actually I see quite an
> improvement in other plants (H. polysperma) when I dose
> CaCO3.
>
> But my water company says 20 ppm Ca and my Hagen
> Ca-test says at least 15 ppm Ca, and I believe Roger
> Miller stated at Aquabotanic Wetthumb that this shouldn't
> be any problem.
>
> // Daniel.

=====
Field Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium and The Aquarium Center
First event of the AGA Annual Convention Nov 12, 13 & 14;
Details & Registration at www.aquatic-gardeners.org  & www.gwapa.org