[APD] Nitrates and Discus

I have a 75 gallon, heavily planted tank. At first it was just a community tank, then I started getting interested in discus and have a few in there. My problem is with nitrates. My normal dosing regime is, twice a week, 2mL fleet enema, 15mL Flourish, and 3/4 tsp KNO3. I had dropped the KNO3 dosing down to almost none at first, but made a mistake last week and ended up killing one of my fish :-( What I am trying to figure out is what is a safe nitrate level for discus, while still providing enough for the plants. Can anyone out there share their dosing with me? How many ppm NO3 do you try to achieve? How much is too much?

TIA

Kevin Simms