[APD] Wattage To Use

I am changing the lighting setup over a 29 gallon fish/plants aquarium.  I am looking at using one or two (depending on the advice I get) 27 watt Spring compact fluorescent bulb(s).  The advertisement says that this 27 watt CF bulb "replaces a 100W incandescent bulb.   My question is, in determining healthy wattage for the my 29 gallon, do I go by the total CF bulb wattage (27W each) or the total incandescent (100W each) that is being replaced?  I hope I made this inquiry clear.  Thanks.

Bill

- Always Avoid Alliteration -