[APD] RE: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 8, Issue 35

> slime or anything. Also not for chloramine so if they switch one day I'll
> be
> in trouble. I do have Prime on hand for emergencies where I may be
> concerned
> about ammonia or nitrites or chloramine. Prime does lock up ammonia yet
> bacteria are still able to process it, so it is a very good product.

Sodium Thiosulfate removes chloramines as well.  It does require double
dosage to remove and leaves the bi-product of ammonia (not very much
though).  I'd double dosage anyways so when your water supply does change
it's mind you'll know before it's too late.

Greg Turner
www.Aquabay.ca