Re: [APD] General Tank Update:

Add KNO3 to get nitrates around 10 ppm. This page will help you figure out how much to add:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm<http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm>

----- Original Message -----
  From: Tim Walker<mailto:twalker at swiftdsl_com.au>
  To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com<mailto:aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 5:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [APD] General Tank Update:

  I don't hugely trust the test kit. But there seems to be limited
  availability in the shops around here, perhaps I should look further afield.

  The kit just says "ph indicator range 6.0 - 7.6" and the colour chart is in
  jumps of .2,.3 or .4.

  e.g.

  6.0 6.3 6.6 7.0 7.3 7.5 7.8

  So to be .1 off... well I don't see it as very hard at all, and 20 sounds
  like a decent CO2 level to me :-) Go figure. I'll shop around...

  --

  It's been suggested in another forum that with my Fe fertiliser, low
  Nitrates, CO2 and 2watts/gal I may be being limited in my plant growth by

  Any other suggestions?

  I expected to see some decent pearling with those specs but the pearling
  (while being definitely there) is quite limited...

  Thanks people,
  Tim