Re: [APD] Re: hydra

Quoting Robert H <robertph3 at comcast_net>:

> >>Hmmn, they sound cool. Not bad for the fish?<<
>
> Not really any threat to fish, fish food for some, but they are a sign that
> your tank is in bad shape. They thrive in poor water quality and heavy
> organic waste. They feed on compost, decaying organics.
>
> Robert Hudson
> www.aquabotanic.com

Well I don't think these are any indication that my water quality is poor...
my ammonia = 0, nitrite=0, nitrate is low enough that I have to add it along
with ferts. The only thing undesireable about my water is that it is hard and
has a fairly high pH, but that has nothing to do with decaying organics.