[APD] Re: New Planted aquarium owner needs some advice :-)

Tim wrote:

> The quick question is I've added DIY CO2 to my tank last night and the pH
> has gone from 7.4 down to the lowest reading my pH test kit will read
> (6.0). What should I check/do?

Hey Tim,

Reading through through the long part of your post, I didn't see any
mention of KH, so I'm assuming you haven't measured the alkalinity of
the water.  This should be a priority before adding CO2.

Here's a very good article on DIY CO2 that should help you make the
most of it:

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html
--
Chuck Huffine