Re: [APD] opinions of algae

Sorry that I don't know your name yet so excuse me for using "Revance" as
your moniker.

Thank you Revance for your help. Sounds like it's time to contact Grainger
for the RO unit. If they don't have it (anything Electrical, I mean
anything) then it's off to the hardware store.
Will do ,,, Also need to add a DE filter but the prices gag me and I would
rather have a box type diatomaceous earth filter that uses a low
power/volume powerhead to run the water into the box with the DE and than
pull it from the bottom of the box and let it gravity feed cleaned water
back into the tank. I have heard great news on DE filters, but most are
forced and forced system are problematic not to mention inefficient so
letting the water gently pass down thru the DE seems like a better choice,
after all I don't need anymore than 20GPH discharge from the DE filter.
Also, good news, the algae most have known we are after it as the Phostex I
added is killing off the algae, just noticed this morning when I observed
masses of detached alage on the strainer heads of the filters (twin 330
penguins for my 50 gl. ) .
But this doesn't mean I'm not adding a RO sys. I will. It's so true what you
said about stripping the nutriants and PO4 from the wwater but then it's
easier to replace in quantity of nutriants needed.
Thank so much for the help,
Mark & Peta, Max & Sam Bethke
mbethke at socal_rr.com
8450 Canby Ave.