Re: [APD] Concerns over water circulation and filtration

There is a benefit it having water circulate in
a planted tank but it is often overrated.

If you have a planted tank with lots of plants and
the plants are growing vigorously you don't need
a filter at all.  I have run planted tanks for years
without filters, or any mechanical devices at all
sometimes (hopefully not starting any religious wars
here) not even doing water changes.

As long as the plants are growing vigorously that is
all the fish need.  Nothing else.

Thanks,
Rod