[APD] Concerns over water circulation and filtration

Hi,

I was given a 85 gallon tank with a fluval 203 filter. I want to make the tank a planted aquarium with a light fish load. I have been told by many retailers that the filter is not powerful enough for the tank.

Question, do I need a larger filter if the plants will be providing the filtration system for the tank?

Should I invest in power head or another canister filter for water circulation?
If so, any recommendation for a good powerhead or canister filter?

Is there any benefits for the plants to have the water circulated?

Thanks for the help

============================================== Embrace technology, use it as you would use blunt object <<G-Prime>>