[APD] Spawning SAE's?

I have noticed that sometimes my SAE's like
to pair up on top of hand-sized leaves.  They
sort of shake their bodies at each other,
switching between head to head and head to
tail, sometimes moving counter-clockwise.

During this activity they turn a purplish
brown color for a short time.

This seems like spawning activity.  I don't
expect to raise any babies in this community
tank (though occasionally a swordtail will
manage to reach adulthood in the tank).  I
don't remember anybody every successfully
spawning SAE's.  Any stories?

Thanks,
Rod