Re: [APD] How do you guys do water changes?????

A Diatom filter is a mechanical filter. I never heard of
them taking PO4 out of the water, neither organic or ortho.
Do you have source for this, seems worth looking into.

I suppose with carbon in the mix, like Vortex's Super-char,
you can start pulling all kinds of things out of the water,
including the organic phosphate compounds, however, one
would needn't to have a diatom filter to do that--just any
filter that handles carbon.

Scott H.
--- Mark & Peta <mbethke at socal_rr.com> wrote:
> Thank you Laura,
> I believe you are right. I plan to add a Diatomaceous
> Earth filter to clear
> the PO4. I've been told that the "DE" filters do exactly
> that.
> Boy it will be nice to get back my aquarium.... thanks
> again,

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org