Re: [APD] How do you guys do water changes?????

Thanks for your reply. Right now, I fill about 4-5 1-gallon jugs with cold tap water and let them sit for a couple days before adding them to the aquarium. The swollen belly in my discus is temporary and last about a day or two as long as I don't change the conditions again. I'm wondering how those folks with 100+ gallon discus tanks precondition their water before adding it to their aquarium.
-P.

From: "home66run" <home66run at neb_rr.com>
To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] How do you guys do water changes?????
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:55:03 -0600

Are you mixing hot water from your hot water heater? When was the last time
you flushed your hot water heater? Heavy metals will form sludge in the
bottom and you will transfer them into your discus tank. This can cause
swollen bellies and even death in some fish.

Thank you,
Marshall Cameron

American Killie Association #08791 Aquatic Gardeners Association International Betta Congress