[APD] Re: Another CO2 reactor question

I have an Eheim which makes similar air-type noises, mostly in the late afternoon/evening when the plants are pearling like champagne. I ignore it, and it usually goes away sometime in the night. If it doesn't, it's time to clean the filter media.

But I also have a reactor (the no-longer available but fabulous mixer-J from m3) which will fill with gas. I have found that if I turn the CO2 bubble rate down to where the reactor does not fill with gas, my CO2 levels are perfect. It is a really easy way to keep an eye on how much CO2 is in there.

The combination of these two pieces of equipment make knowing when to clean the filter and adjusting the CO2 a real no-brainer for me.

-rs