Re: [APD] Green water remedies -- temporary Fluval micron filtration?

Hey Matt,

I also had green water shortly after starting my planted tank about two
years ago...

I bought a diatom filter, which solved the problem 100% -- and I only had to
use it 2 or 3 times over the course of about a month.  By removing the
free-floating algae, the diatom filter gave other plants the opportunity to
establish themselves.

After that, I found that I still had an excess nutrient problem. (Mine is a
very heavily stocked aquarium, even for a fish-only tank.)  Algae eaters do
help some, but in addition, I've gotten rid of some fish, recently which has
helped.

-Matt