From: aquatic-plants-bounces+rtcrosby=charter_net at actwin.com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces+rtcrosby=charter_net at actwin.com] On
Behalf Of Christopher Ferrell
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 10:33 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] RE: CF retrofit suggestions

I'd probably try and fit some of the small computer fans into the hood
for
ventilation if you don't want to cut vents in the sides or top of the
current hood.  It wouldn't take too much to get some convection currents

going.

If you want to try the fans, you could get some smaller ones (40 or 60
mm
fans) and put one on each side of the bulb to push the air down and out
of
the hood and by displacing the warmer air, cooler air will come into the

hood.

Power them by an old wall-wart power supply (12V).

Chris