Re: micro fan (Re: [APD] Re: Re: failed CF Retro -- or - Fanning discussion

Pancakes are also known but the more technical description
of Tubeaxial fan. The "Blower" styles, and there are
several, fall into the category of centrifugal fans, and
are more energy efficient but ten dto be noiser for a given
amount of airflow, as rule. Of course, it depends on any
two fans in question, which is noiser or more efficient.
Some very nice compact fans are the Flatpak series by
EBM/Pabst, which I belive you can find at Mouser

The mouser.com catalogue, available online, shows lots of
diff fans and with specs on performance. One can use this
info to make some judgements about what fan might best suit
one's needs regardless of where one ends up purchasing a
fan.

Scott H.
--- Mark & Peta <mbethke at socal_rr.com> wrote:
> In case it would contribute , the microfans are called
> "Pancake fans" , but
> a new wave of fans is pushing them, out the door into the
> dumpster. The
> better fans are called "Blower style". They are a
> rotating finned drum (like
> the blower fan in your homes heating system) some people
> call them Squirrel
> Cages, .
>
> Anyways, they push many more "CFM's" and are cheaper to
> run. JMTC. Mark
> PS, they cast the same as "pancakes".

=====
S. Hieber
Aquascaping by Takashi Amano and more at
the AGA 2004 Annual Convention
Nov 12, 13 & 14; Marriott Crystal Gateway, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association www.aquatic-gardeners.org