[APD] Re: Re: failed CF Retro

(snip)
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:35:15 -0500
> > From: Robert Zink <bonsai at hrcreditunion_net>
> > Subject: [APD] Failed CF Retrofit - Don't let it happen to you!
> > To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
> >
>   > So finally I get to my question. I want to go back to the drawing
board.
> > What type of suitable lamps can I put in this hood as it is?
> >
> > Inside, it measures 23 inches long, 3.5 inches wide at the bottom, 1.5
> > inches wide at the top and 2 inches high. Cross sectional shape like
this:

> >  __
> > /  \
(snip)

If you are unable to get the results you want with the hood as it is, let me
also throw in my plug for AH Supply. I have a 2 x 36 watt retro kit in their
20 inch basic black hood and it works great. As a matter of fact, I have had
to raise it about  8 inches above water it was so intense. the AH canopy has
a large open area between the top slats of wood, so there is a lot of heat
dissipated thru them.

On your present canopy, have you considered a micro fan (computer type)
mounted to the back part (/) per your illustration above pulling air up and
out? It wouldn't be visible that way and I bet it would do an excellent job
evacuating the heat.
Dave