Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:58:01 -0800
From: Greg Turner <greg at island_net>
Subject: [APD] RE: To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

What substrate are you using?  That is the typical culprit.
Do any of the dry ferts have carbonates in them, such as CaCO3?
Do you have any rocks in the tank?  For example, Tufa rock is pure CaCO3.

I've never heard of snails causing an increase in KH, if so, it is unlikely
that it would occur so rapidly in a medium sized tank.

If all else checks out, buy or borrow another test kit.

Greg