Re: [APD] cheap pH meters!

Quoting "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>:

> Resolution and accuracy are two very different things.
> Many things have a higher resolution than accuracy.
>
> Never mistake the number of digits on the screen for the
> degree of accuracy. ;-)
>
> Scott H.

My point is that there is no reason to have a higher resolution than accuracy.
If the accuracy is +-0.2 and the resolution is 0.01, the hundredth place means
nothing. This is well understood in scientific research practices. I was a
physics student at IU, and if I reported numbers outside my degree of accuracy
in research (outside of preliminary data) I would have been criticized. You
don't say things like "the value of x is 1.23456 +- 0.2.  All the hundredth
place on that monitor does is make people THINK they are getting more accurate
readings then they really are.