[APD] Getting Riccia Fluitans to stay tied down permanantly, help needed.

Hello, ok I got some Riccia growing like wildfire in my tank and it looks
great but I got a problem.

As it grows and thickens, the pieces I tied down to my driftwood/rocks seem
to decay and the whole mass eventually becomes detached.
Not a real problem for the rock but it's a killer redoing the driftwood.  Is
there any tie down method that keeps the stuff held forever so I can just
cut back with scissors instead of having to redo the whole thing?

Thanks
Pete.