[APD] Mulm shelf life-How long will it keep?

I plan to follow Tom Barr's recomendation to add mulm to the gravel of a new tank to speed up its establishment. The tank I am setting up is a 75 gallon planted African Cichlid tank at my work in my bosses office. I have temporarily set up a 20 High using mulm that I brought down immediately after harvesting at my house. I need to set up a second temporary tank at work and want to know how long the mulm will remain active after removing it from the gravel bed at home. I could keep it in a 5 gallon bucket with a heater and air stone. I would like to store it for at least two days. I believe the humic portion will probably keep indefinately, but it is the bacteria that I am worried about. Any help