[APD] DIY co2 disaster

I have a length of tubing that now runs about 1 foot strait up from my bottles and I will be adding a catch bottle tonight. My concern if how to prevent fish/plant/shrimp loss and water quality loss. Also what can I expect from this? Will my PH bottom out? Will the sugar/yeast cause nasty stuff like bad bacteria, fungus or algae to grow in my tank? Will this affect my biological filter and if so how? How long will it take to clear? Should I change more water than the aforementioned 20%? Would it be a good idea to add more sodium bicarb to further buffer the tank? I have some rather nice apistogramma cichlids that I would hate to loose and the only other tank I have to put them in is a 20H that has 3 rams and 3 curvecepts (quite young/small still). The basic parimeters of this tank are the same (started w/ the water from my 55) so they would only have the stress of the new environment and current inhabitants once they were in- however I feel it would stress them out terribly !
 (and me)
 to be caught since the tank they are in is a heavily planted 55 with oodles of caves and hiding places. Thanks for your help, I will be anxiously waiting for replies.
Sandi

Do you Yahoo!?