Re: [APD] Re: What is wrong with these? (pic)

Ah, Rotala walchii is like a gourmet treat to SAEs.

Swords are nice grazing patches for bristlenose plecos. If
the they graze enough times on a sword leaf, it can start
to wear thin. Usually, then, it's an older leaf that you
can prune.

Scott H.

--- Seweryn Bialasiewicz <s_bialasiewicz at hotmail_com>
wrote:

> - No loaches. have 2 bristlenoses, 6 SAE's (which I
> recently discovered were
> muching away on my Rotala walchii), apistos, cardinals,
> corys and a handful
> of glass shrimp. I suppose the bristlenoses could munch
> on the ozelot
> leaves, but why only the tips of the older ones? other
> softer tissued plants
> are left alone.
>
> - Seweryn
>

> >You got clown loaches or similar fish?  Looks like
> >a hungry tank inhabitant to me.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rod
>
> --- Seweryn Bialasiewicz <s_bialasiewicz at hotmail_com>
> wrote:
> >
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >Would someone mind having a quick look at a picture
> >of some of my plants and suggest what is wrong with
> them? The only thing I
> >could think of is Ca deficiency, because that is how the
> Anubias leaf
> >unfurled. Only some of the old E. ozelot leaves end up
> rotting away like in
> >the
> >picture, which would suggest that it is something other
> than Ca. All
> >other plants are doing fine.
> >the pic:
> >
> >http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsbiala/plantholessmall.jpg
> >Anubias leaf in question on right, E. ozelot leaf on
> >left.
> >
> >Tank parameters:
> >40 Gallon, 2x30W flouoro, DIY yeast CO2
> >~12 ppm NO3, ~10ppm K, ~1 ppm P, ~.25 ppm Fe, kH:
> >45ppm, pH: 6.8, gH: ~160ppm, sand substrate with
> flourish tabs.
> >
> >Thanks for any help!

=====
S. Hieber